Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ruffled Nails

Today's manicure I found on Pinterest from Chalkboard Nail's blog. I thought I'd try it out.

 The colors I will be using are:
Sally Hanson Insta Dry - Jumpin Jade
Rimmel London - Black Satin
China Glaze - Urban Night
Rimmel London - Wild Orchid
China Glaze - Traffic Jam
 OPI - Mermaid's Tears

Start by painting the base coat color.

Then get your dotting tool ready! I used the second biggest dot, but looking back on it, I might use the largest dot. I always use the lids to my plastic shoe box containers that I keep all my nail polish in. It prevents spills and I can put polish on it and wipe it off the next time I take my polish off.

So, I've got a dotting tool, two purple lids, a small thing of acetone to dip my dotting tool in between colors, and a cotton pad to wipe off my dotting tool. You can see some polish already on the lid on the right, just drip some polish on there and then use that to get polish on your dotting tool.  Then start dotting!

 Starting the dotting, I thought they looked like mustaches.  (I mustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later...)

 Here are my rows of dots all finished, I haven't cleaned up yet.  I finished with black on the tips to give it a nice clean edge.

All finished! A cute and easy manicure. I really like the outcome. It would be fun to only use two colors and make ruffled stripes! If you try it out, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment