Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Texas - The Lone Star State

As my husband and I prepare to move to Oklahoma (hey, Oklahoma is OK!) I decided to paint Texas on my nails. I was born and raised in Texas and love it dearly. Oklahoma is just like north North Texas anyway, right?!

Colors used:
Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear White On
Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear Blue It
Revlon Pure Pearl
China Glaze High Maintenance

Not one of my best manicures...it is a little messy.

One thing I did to make the star was to use an ordinary plastic sandwich bag.  You can paint directly onto the bag and then when the nail polish is dry, pull off your picture/design and stick it on your nail. One coat of top coat and you are done. I've done this method before when I did a Nyan Cat themed manicure.

The thicker the nail polish on the bag, the easier it is to come off. And if you are doing multiple colors, I would recommend putting down a white base coat first. This had a base coat of the Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear in White on and then another coat of Revlon Pure Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment